Friday, March 25, 2011

RUFFLED BANNER & FLOWER

Hello all from Annette, today I wish to show you a great & economical way to decorate your layouts,
your requirements are:
Circle punch, Versa mark ink or similar, old book or patterned paper, sewing machine or needle & thread
My circles are punched using a Marvy scalloped punch & measure 3" across, 
and I bought an old dictionary from charity store for 50 cents.. what a bargain !!!! 
step 1. punch out 15 circles, 


 
Step 2. Ink all edges of circles on both sides 
Step 3.    Fold 1 circle in half, then fold the other 2 so the lower edge of each is visible when fitted together, repeat to make 4 ruffles in total.

 Step 4. For the flower,   crumple remaining 3 circles, stack together, hold in place with a brad or stitch a button as flower centre.
 Step 5.    Open out the ruffles, position on background paper where you desire your banner & stitch in place by machine or hand along fold line 
Step 6.     Fold top ruffles down and crumple edges
Step 7.     Create your LO how desired, I have distressed & inked all edges, added some inked chipboard embellishments, tied string through the ruffles, knotting in between each one,

Step 8.     Position flower and adhere in place 
Step 9.     Tah dah … all done.... 
I had fun playing with this technique &  I hope I've inspired you to do the same
Please pop over to my blog 'Moment in Time' & share you creations with me
Have a truly blessed week
luv Annette X:)

8 comments:

  1. Annette, I love this technique! Thanks for sharing. You too have a blessed and joyful day in the Lord.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Annette, this is just fabulous .. thanks for sharing your creativity with us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Annette, I love this technique and I love the layout...you did a beautiful job on this. Thank you for this idea with us. I will have to give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh...what a COOL idea! I LOVE how much texture this adds to the layout...really something I will have to remember and try someday!
    Thank you so much for sharing this with us...awesome project friend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh my word...That is just fan-srap-ulous!! I absolutely love that idea and you sure got yourself a good bargain with that old dictionary, gonna have to keep an eye out..LOL
    Hugs and thank you for such a wonderful tute..
    Nanné

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fabulous idea! I have some old books I've started cutting up already, I can't wait to try this. TFS :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous idea! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and for leaving a comment. We highly appreciate it.. We all hope you have a great and creative day..